Not all people who search for jobs get them. This is because they did not do a thing or two right. The whole job search turns frustrating because nothing is coming out of it. This article will give reasons why you never get that job. Read on.
- Doing nothing. This is when you decide to believe that there are no jobs and that there are too many candidates hunting for the same position hence you will never get one.
- Saying nothing. This is when you decide to never tell anyone about not being employed. This is the surest way to stay unemployed, do not tell anyone that you are looking for a job and you will for real not get it. Locking yourself in the house with drawn curtains will never land you a job.
- Searching for a job for about 8-12 hours a day. It is people who fill jobs not computers. What does this tell you, that you must interact with people for you to get a job? A successful job hunt means going out to meet the human resource manager. They might not hire you immediately but believe you out of the five you meet; one will call you back and give you a job.
- Apply dozens of jobs daily. Some people just send their CVs all over. It is not a matter of numbers. You should convince the person receiving the CV that you are the best candidate for the position. If you are just applying for any job, you are wasting your time and the time of people offering the jobs. Another way to apply for a job successfully is asking the start date of the job. But did you know not all adverts are for jobs which should be filled immediately?
- Give up. It might take you more than three months to get a good job. Research says that the average job search takes three months. If you never want to get a job, give up after the three months are over. It might take you longer to get that dream job. If you are expecting overnight results, I am sorry because it might never happen. Job searching is like building a relationship that leads you to that place you always wanted to be.